Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Question on establishing relationship in AEP Schema

Community Advisor

Hi,

I have a question about establishing relationships between schemas. I have one schema called "Customer Profile" which is based on the XDM individual profile class. It has an object array of booking IDs made by the customer. I also have another schema called "Customer Booking" which is based on the custom booking class. This schema contains all the booking details.

These two schemas are related to each other by establishing a relationship between the booking ID from the booking array in the Profile schema and the booking ID primary key in the Customer Booking schema.

My question is this: Suppose I have 10 customers, each with around 10 bookings. This means that I have around 10 individual profiles and 100 entries in the booking table. If I enable the booking schema for the profile, the number of profiles increases to 100, because there are 100 separate booking IDs. Ideally, I would expect only 10 profiles to be consumed, but because of enabling the profile on the booking schema, 100 identities are created.

Can you explain why this is happening and how I can avoid it? If i don't enable Customer Booking schema for profile, i don't see the booking attributes while creating audiences.

@arijitg @Anil_Umachigi 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Hi @arpan-garg @arpan-garg 

Can you confirm if you are using Non-people Identifier for Booking_ID?

(Non-people identifier are used for storing identifiers that require namespaces but are not connected to a person cluster. For example, a product SKU, data related to products, organizations, or stores.)

Also please share how did you experience 100 profiles to be created? Did you do a profile lookup with booking id or noticed any surge in license dashboard?

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by

Hi @arpan-garg @arpan-garg 

Can you confirm if you are using Non-people Identifier for Booking_ID?

(Non-people identifier are used for storing identifiers that require namespaces but are not connected to a person cluster. For example, a product SKU, data related to products, organizations, or stores.)

Also please share how did you experience 100 profiles to be created? Did you do a profile lookup with booking id or noticed any surge in license dashboard?

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

Community Advisor

Hi @arijitg - I think this is where i made mistake , i used a cross_device id instead of non person identifier, let me retry it again with Non person identifier.

Many thanks,

Arpan