Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Profile export JOB api is not working

Community Advisor

arpang16406580_0-1680531879872.png

Hi All,

When i am creating a new dataset with unified profile, i get the following error "

The client id is not allowed to call the requested HTTP method." Did someone faced the same issue before?
Attached the screenshot above for reference

Thanks in advance

"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ - Figured out the root cause, it was not a permission issue.

The request body mentioned on the Adobe documentation for this particular request is not correct. It has a missing "," before destination and hence the API is breaking. Added a "," and it works fine.

Informed Adobe about the missing "," in documentation.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @arpan-garg 

You don't have the correct permissions to perform this action.

Use this endpoint to check all permissions you have.

https://platform.adobe.io/data/foundation/access-control/acl/reference

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ - Figured out the root cause, it was not a permission issue.

The request body mentioned on the Adobe documentation for this particular request is not correct. It has a missing "," before destination and hence the API is breaking. Added a "," and it works fine.

Informed Adobe about the missing "," in documentation.

Thanks

Community Advisor

In addition to what @Manoj_Kumar_ said, make sure the credentials created in dev console have access to all relevant features you want to access. 

I would recommend creating a dedicated profile in admin console for API and use that within dev console. 

Let us know if that helped

Community Advisor

Few questions here

1.How long does it take profile export API to update the dataset. I made an API call and its in "PROCESSING" status since an hour?

2. Is it possible to export even the custom create experience event attributes?

3. Is there a cost related to these API calls, I mean if i schedule this API call every 15 min will it incur extra cost?

Community Advisor

@arpan-garg 

1. This depends on the size of the data and also if it is streaming data or batch type?
  2. if the attributes are part of the schema ( using which the dataset is created) you should be able to include that as well. 
  3. As for as i know, there is no cost related to the API call, but keep in mind more the data ( if enabled for profile ) will incur profile license cost 

Anil