Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Missing field values (App ID, Carrier Name, Device Name, OS Version) ​​in Analytics Events generated by Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK

Level 1

Hi

I am working on updating the Adobe analytics using the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK in our Android application. I think I finished updating the analytics feature using the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK based on this official adobe document. I also set up the assurance feature provided by the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK. 

However, when I checked the raw data of the analytics event passed from our Android app using the Griffon tool, there were some missing field values. 

"_requestDetails": [
    {
      "key": "App ID",
      "value": null
    },
    {
      "key": "Carrier Name",
    },
    {
      "key": "Device Name",
    },
    {
      "key": "OS Version",
    },
    :
  ]

I have some questions regarding these missing field values.

1. Do I need to set these value in the Android app programmatically?

2. If so, please tell me how to set the values up, and reference documents.

3. Or is it automatically set up for the Android app via the Adobe Analytics server and Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK?

4. If so, please tell me how to set it up on Adobe Analytics server, and reference documentation.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jonghobaek-costco , these values are captured by the SDK when implementing the Lifecycle module: https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/mobile-core/lifecycle

More info here: https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/getting-started/enable-debug-logging

Level 1

First of all, thank YOU for the response.

I understood the meaning of missing field values.

I have a follow-up question.

Our Android application uses the Adobe Analytics SDK (adobeMobileLibrary.jar). As far as I understand, the Adobe Analytics SDK (adobeMobileLibrary.jar) automatically appends the Android application version number to analytics events and delivers the events to the Adobe analytics server. Therefore, the Analytics server can retrieve specific analytics events using the Android application version number.

However, after changing the Adobe Analytics SDK (adobeMobileLibrary.jar) to the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK, there was an issue where the analytics events were not retrieved from the analytics server using the Android application version number. I checked the raw data of the analytics events in the Griffon tool but couldn't find any Android application version information.

Therefore, the related questions are:

1. Does the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK automatically append the Android application version number to the analytics event?

2. Can I see the Android application version number in the analysis event through the Griffon tool?

3. What configuration is required for the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK to add the Android application version number to analytics events automatically?

(Change configuration/settings in the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK in the Android app or change Analytics Server settings, etc.)

4. If the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK does not automatically add the Android application version number to the analytics event, please let me know if there is a general way (configuration of Android and Adobe Analytics server) used to classify analytics events by version of the Android application on the server.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Employee Advisor

1. Does the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK automatically append the Android application version number to the analytics event?

Yes but it requires the Lifecycle module as described in the previous post.

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/foundation-extensions/mobile-core/lifecycle#add-lifecycle-to-your-a...

garrettchung_0-1663538501576.png

2. Can I see the Android application version number in the analysis event through the Griffon tool?

Yes, it should be a context data with a.AppID

3. What configuration is required for the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK to add the Android application version number to analytics events automatically?

(Change configuration/settings in the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK in the Android app or change Analytics Server settings, etc.)

Same as your Question 1.

4. If the Adobe Experience Platform Mobile SDK does not automatically add the Android application version number to the analytics event, please let me know if there is a general way (configuration of Android and Adobe Analytics server) used to classify analytics events by version of the Android application on the server.

Same as your Question 1.