Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migration steps for CDP different system AEP

Community Advisor

Hi Team, 

I would like to know what all steps need to or consider while migrating to AEP from other CDP system.

Please sugesst that would be helpful.

Thank You,

Uma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala  - 

I can understand. Each CDP works in different framework and has their own scalable solution to achieve certain customers potential requirement. Eventually, all works for unifying the customer profile, Marketing Activation, Segment Creation, Single source of data lake. Etc. I Have tried my best to explain it precisely what needs to be taken care from other CDP to AEP platform.

1. Make a data architect plan of all your source of data that how it is going to be on boarded into the AEP platform. Things like, data point, data type, sample value, identification, Etc. has be to be formatted better way and that makes you easy to align with XDM model of AEP. It comes under “Experience Data Model (XDM)” to describe the structure of data in a consistent and reusable way.
  2. Plan for the Schema creation & modification for all your source. There is time that you will end up with different schema of the same source itself. Therefore, check how you have been utilizing in other CDP and act in accordingly in the AEP schema modelling. Adobe created the XDM framework to standardize data and define schemas to describe the incoming data, regardless of the data type and structure.
  3. Datasets – This is one of the key areas and different on other CDP solution. Datasets act like an intermediary between source and AEP target fields. So for each schema having said above, you have to create a separate dataset to ingest the data. 
  4. Identities – There are multiple way of identifying and determining our customer from different source and make them available to the RTCDP from AEP. Regardless of your existing system, you need to plan to make of listing the identification and appropriately use the same on assigning under schema identification.
  5. Make Data Ingestion – So per your current CDP data ingestion. You could decide that on its going to be Bulk or streaming data ingestion. AEP has their set of connectors which makes engineer to integrate easily. There are some scenarios you need to use APIs for the evaluation and streaming purpose.
  6. Marketing Activation – You need to have a separate model for migrating your existing destination from one place to other since there is high chance of conflict that data will b e duplicate. However, AEP support multiple ways of workflow to transfer your profile data accordingly. Note: Activating Event related information is currently not possible from AEP destination.
  7. Segment Preparation – All CDP have the own way of segregating and mapping the segments on connection/destination towards different tool. Therefore, list our all your existing segment and plan to create the same in AEP segment builder. X
  8. Data Governance – Have a look on the DUAL labelling process and ensure that your data operations within Platform are compliant with data usage policies.

These are the high-level plan that you should consider implementing the AEP CDP from other system. Hope, this helps you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala  - Can you be more specific on this question please, like what is your current CDP system which you are trying to migrate to AEP. As each CDP has their own framework and it completely differs. So mentioning current CDP will help us to point exact consideration as part of migration.

Community Advisor

what are general steps to follow for this migration. 

I cant reveal the CDP system name at this moment Sorry.

Thank You

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala  - 

I can understand. Each CDP works in different framework and has their own scalable solution to achieve certain customers potential requirement. Eventually, all works for unifying the customer profile, Marketing Activation, Segment Creation, Single source of data lake. Etc. I Have tried my best to explain it precisely what needs to be taken care from other CDP to AEP platform.

1. Make a data architect plan of all your source of data that how it is going to be on boarded into the AEP platform. Things like, data point, data type, sample value, identification, Etc. has be to be formatted better way and that makes you easy to align with XDM model of AEP. It comes under “Experience Data Model (XDM)” to describe the structure of data in a consistent and reusable way.
  2. Plan for the Schema creation & modification for all your source. There is time that you will end up with different schema of the same source itself. Therefore, check how you have been utilizing in other CDP and act in accordingly in the AEP schema modelling. Adobe created the XDM framework to standardize data and define schemas to describe the incoming data, regardless of the data type and structure.
  3. Datasets – This is one of the key areas and different on other CDP solution. Datasets act like an intermediary between source and AEP target fields. So for each schema having said above, you have to create a separate dataset to ingest the data. 
  4. Identities – There are multiple way of identifying and determining our customer from different source and make them available to the RTCDP from AEP. Regardless of your existing system, you need to plan to make of listing the identification and appropriately use the same on assigning under schema identification.
  5. Make Data Ingestion – So per your current CDP data ingestion. You could decide that on its going to be Bulk or streaming data ingestion. AEP has their set of connectors which makes engineer to integrate easily. There are some scenarios you need to use APIs for the evaluation and streaming purpose.
  6. Marketing Activation – You need to have a separate model for migrating your existing destination from one place to other since there is high chance of conflict that data will b e duplicate. However, AEP support multiple ways of workflow to transfer your profile data accordingly. Note: Activating Event related information is currently not possible from AEP destination.
  7. Segment Preparation – All CDP have the own way of segregating and mapping the segments on connection/destination towards different tool. Therefore, list our all your existing segment and plan to create the same in AEP segment builder. X
  8. Data Governance – Have a look on the DUAL labelling process and ensure that your data operations within Platform are compliant with data usage policies.

These are the high-level plan that you should consider implementing the AEP CDP from other system. Hope, this helps you.

Hi @Umamaheswari_Yakkala  - Hope, this help you in high level understanding on migration. Please let me know if any.

Community Advisor

Is there any way that we can automate this migation?

Thank You

Community Advisor

Thank you for details. 

Having small doubt what is this point 

Marketing Activation – You need to have a separate model for migrating your existing destination from one place to other since there is high chance of conflict that data will b e duplicate. However, AEP support multiple ways of workflow to transfer your profile data accordingly. Note: Activating Event related information is currently not possible from AEP destination.

my understanding is we will create segmants first and activate audiences to diffeent channels. Seems like this is new. 

Please provide me more insights on this.

That would be great.

Thank You

Uma