Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Migrating from App measurement to AEP WEB SDK

Level 6

Hi ,

Currently , we are in process of migrationg all our App measurement implementation to AEP WEB SDK . I belive with WEB SDK , we are allowed to stream data to to both Adobe Analytics and AEP Data lake . My questions is , can we use the same schema for AA and AEP data lake data stream ? 

For Example : As of now , there is no requirement for real time data  and business just want the data in AA and down the road if there is  any requirement to have real time data ( AEP Data lake for RTCDP purpose) . How much effort it will take to strema the data ?

Thanks in Advance 

Pradeep

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@pradeep_07 

• I meant limiting the attributes while onboarding them to AEP. It totally depends on your use cases and the margin to have more attributes based on your current Average Profile Richness. When some attributes have already been added to AEP, adding many more to profile enabled dataset can increase the Average Profile richness in Unified Profile Store, resulting in an increased license cost.

Average Profile Richness means the sum of all production data stored within the Profile stores in Adobe Experience Platform (i.e., Profile Service and Identity Service) at any point in time, divided by the number of authorized Profiles. Average Profile Richness is a Shared Feature.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/legal/product-descriptions/adobe-experience-platform0.html

• On edge network, you will anyway have all the data collected over Web/App.
  • Sending data to AEP will only contribute to profile if the dataset is enabled for profile.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi @pradeep_07,

Yes, you can use the same schema for streaming the data to AA and AEP.

If you wish to limit the attributes that will be populated into AEP, you can create another schema and add only the required attributes to it.

Note: For common attributes, utilize the same field group in the schema for the Launch mapping to work.

On the second question- Effort required to ingest Web data into AEP- The effort will not be much as you just have to add AEP services to the DataStream which is straight forward.

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh

Level 6

Thanks Saurabh ! 

Could you eloborate more on limitting the attributes ? are we not allowed to send all attributes to edge network ? will there be any additinal cost to have data in AEP data lake ? 

Sending Real time data to AEP data lake will automatically contribute to profiles ?

Thanks,

Pradeep

Correct answer by
Employee

@pradeep_07 

• I meant limiting the attributes while onboarding them to AEP. It totally depends on your use cases and the margin to have more attributes based on your current Average Profile Richness. When some attributes have already been added to AEP, adding many more to profile enabled dataset can increase the Average Profile richness in Unified Profile Store, resulting in an increased license cost.

Average Profile Richness means the sum of all production data stored within the Profile stores in Adobe Experience Platform (i.e., Profile Service and Identity Service) at any point in time, divided by the number of authorized Profiles. Average Profile Richness is a Shared Feature.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/legal/product-descriptions/adobe-experience-platform0.html

• On edge network, you will anyway have all the data collected over Web/App.
  • Sending data to AEP will only contribute to profile if the dataset is enabled for profile.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Kumar Saurabh