Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

List data structure in AEP

Level 3

My use case is for a streaming and media services provider where primary account holder can create a Family Account and add/associate the family members with the Family account. The Family account will have a Family ID.

Am designing my Schema as follows:

1. The Family ID is defined as a cross-device identity and set up as the primary identity.

2. The memberIDs variable will contain a list of Member objects.

3. How do I realize this entity relationship in AEP? I did not find any datatype of list or array type? Can a variable of list type with multiple objects of Member representing the associated family members be setup in AEP?

4. Shall the Member IDs within this list be Secondary or Primary identity?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Thanks @mdajaz 

Though I don't have much context but if you use Member ID as an identity and Family ID as an attribute (not as an identity) what challenge do you see?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

for your question 3, please refer to the below link for defining an array in the schema,

Define Array Fields in the UI | Adobe Experience Platform

Thanks,

John

Level 3

Thanks for your inputs @Hey_John .

Any thoughts on rest of the points?

Thanks!

Hi @mdajaz 

May be a more detailed context will help.

What is the use case behind Family ID to be used as an identity?

Do you want to target entire family (all member) or any particular member?

Regards,

Arijit Ghosh

Level 3

Hey @arijitg ,

Yes, I have a use case to target families based on some criteria for cross-selling and promotions.

Thanks!

Correct answer by

Thanks @mdajaz 

Though I don't have much context but if you use Member ID as an identity and Family ID as an attribute (not as an identity) what challenge do you see?

Level 3

In that case, reconciliation/linking of all the family members belonging to the same family would not happen automatically in AEP, if Family ID is just an attribute (not an identity). 

Moreover, we are talking here about the Family entity/schema. It need to have a unique PK/Identifier. 

Points from original question pasted below - 

"

1. The Family ID is defined as a cross-device identity and set up as the primary identity.

2. The memberIDs variable will contain a list of Member objects.

3. ......

4. Shall the Member IDs within this list be Secondary or Primary identity?

"