Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ingesting data to array

Level 3

hi  i already read some of the answer provided by @Danny-Miller but still can not make it work

on the the target  schema i have array of objects which i need to ingest data from table (for now it is csv )

i tried to use the * notation but i'm problobly miss some casting options 

attached is the target schema and the row data

please advice 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by

Hi @nirshani 

You can explore upsert feature once, as I remember it appends array elements. This feature gel well with streaming data so if you have an option to stream data to platform you can go for that route else I would suggest you to give it a try with your csv batch.

Ref : Update specific profile attributes using `upsert` | Adobe Experience Platform

Send Partial Row Updates To Real-Time Customer Profile Using Data Prep | Adobe Experience Platform

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi @nirshani,

if you use 0 in place of * in the destination side, like (object[0].field) you can push this file and each rows will be stored as separate record with just a single element in that array but if your expectation is to group all the policy details of that client_id and store it in that array then you will need a flat staging schema/dataset first (because your source csv file is of tabular structure) and then you can use data distiller capability to schedule query and push that array structure to the main schema/dataset. 

Regards

Level 3

thanks for the replay , my intention is like you mention , for each client_id list of his policies

since we don't have license to distiller , do you have another suggestion ?

Correct answer by

Hi @nirshani 

You can explore upsert feature once, as I remember it appends array elements. This feature gel well with streaming data so if you have an option to stream data to platform you can go for that route else I would suggest you to give it a try with your csv batch.

Ref : Update specific profile attributes using `upsert` | Adobe Experience Platform

Send Partial Row Updates To Real-Time Customer Profile Using Data Prep | Adobe Experience Platform

Level 2

hi @nirshani - I am in same boat now, do you have any luck with data prep function ?