Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

During batch ingestion how to skip records based on specific conditions

Level 2

Hi All,

Need your help. I want to load csv file into CDP using AWS S3 connector. The requirement is to ingest all data except where brand = 'XYZ'. So, can you please help me how can I skip those records?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @shubham10 

There is one more approach to it.

As @brekrut mentioned, skipping of records during ingestion in this case is not possible. But, you can try bringing in entire data to a dataset which is not profile enabled and then use query service to filter required data and send that into a profile enabled dataset. This approach can come in handy if you do not have resources available currently to filter data at source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Using the data Prep functions of nullify, get_values, and equals could be uses to nullify a field, but the skipping of records is not really intended to be part to be of the S3 as a dataSource.

Can you remove/filter the records from the source which is producing the brand of XYZ records.  

Currently the ability to filter out row level data is only present upon the sources of Google Big Query, MS Dynamics, Snowflake, or Salesforce.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/sources/api-tutorials/filter

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @shubham10 

There is one more approach to it.

As @brekrut mentioned, skipping of records during ingestion in this case is not possible. But, you can try bringing in entire data to a dataset which is not profile enabled and then use query service to filter required data and send that into a profile enabled dataset. This approach can come in handy if you do not have resources available currently to filter data at source.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Abhinav