Expand my Community achievements bar.

Individual Sandboxes for AEP developers? (Either LOCAL or on the platform).

Level 4

Hi everyone!

We are working on a CI/CD strategy for Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) and are exploring the possibility of providing each developer with their own isolated sandbox, similar to how it’s done in Salesforce. By "local sandbox," I mean an environment that could be installed on a developer's machine or hosted in the cloud but completely isolated from other developers.

Before moving forward, I’d like to know if this setup is feasible in AEP and what options we have for creating such environments, ideally without increasing our license costs. Has anyone implemented something like this, or could share insights on what’s possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@JeanBaro2 Just adding the documentation pertaining to that licensing topic, see https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/sandbox/home

A default Experience Platform license grants you a total of five sandboxes, which you can classify as production or development. You can license additional packs of 10 sandboxes up to a maximum of 75 sandboxes in total. These additional sandboxes can be used to create both production and development sandboxes. Please contact your organization administrator or your Adobe sales representative for more details.

Community Advisor

Hello @JeanBaro2 , 

Just to add some extra information on top of what has already been shared:

1. You’ll need at least three sandbox environments in your system: Production, Acceptance/Stage/Test, and Development.

2. As far as I know, in the default Adobe Experience Platform package, Adobe provides 5 sandboxes—1 for Production and 4 for Development. You can use the 4 Development sandboxes for different purposes like Staging, Acceptance, or Development. All of these sandboxes are isolated from one another and are hosted on the cloud.

3. You can increase the number of sandboxes if you purchase more licenses, but as you mentioned, you don’t want to increase your licensing costs.

4. If you’re designing a new architecture and don’t want to buy additional licenses, remember that the default package gives you 5 sandboxes. You’ll have to manage within these existing environments.

Note: The number of sandboxes may vary based on your contract with Adobe, so it’s always a good idea to confirm with them directly.

So, there is no way to create unlimited local sandboxes without impacting your license cost.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Parvesh

Level 4

Please, If we decide to increase from 5 to 15 sandboxes (since the next step adds 10, as far as I know), would that be prohibitively expensive? I’d like a rough estimate to help decide whether we should abandon the idea of using separate sandboxes.

Thanks!