Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I have a csv having details of audienece definitions, which XDM schema I have to use to bring that data

Level 2

My csv contains details of customers belonging to different segments [ segmented through clustering algorithm] , like age, **bleep**, region , etc...and label i.e segement 1,2,3,4.....

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@raghu_96 what is the source of this datat? assuming this data includes "segments created by extenral system" that you would like to bring into AEP? if Yes have a look at Segment Definition Class to define the schema and import the data. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @raghu_96, it depends on how you want to use the data that is getting ingested.

Here are factors to consider:

• Do you plan to use the data ingested back for the next segments? If so, then this dataset needs to be profile enabled. If you want to keep only in a data lake, then it need not be profile enabled.
  • Do you always want to keep the latest status and not be worried about when it changes, then you can choose Profile XDM schema.
  • However, you need to keep the entire history of what and when it changed, then you need to choose Event XDM schema.

Feel free to shoot out any questions that you may have.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@raghu_96 what is the source of this datat? assuming this data includes "segments created by extenral system" that you would like to bring into AEP? if Yes have a look at Segment Definition Class to define the schema and import the data. 

Community Advisor

@Anil_Umachigi , this is interesting. I didn't know this was added. Will this import the data in Profile or as Event, or does it act like lookup?

Community Advisor

@ChetanyaJain been there for a while. This just like a regular schema however this will attach the segments to the profile and make available this under "Audience Tab" in segmentation. 

This will enable you to combine the "imported segment" with other variables within the segment UI to create a new segment.