Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to set 'lifecycle status' for audiences

Level 2

Hello.

I noticed that Adobe has added 'lifecycle status' to audiences, but I cannot figured out how to set it. Right now, all of my audiences are in the 'Published' status, but I want to know how to change them to 'Inactive' or 'Archived' when the times comes. Has anyone had success with 'lifecycle status'?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello 

When you create a composite audience it will be marked as draft.  Only until you select the publish button in the audience composition canvas will it be moved into a status of published.  

The Acitve status has been deprecated and is replaced by the Published status.

When you upload a custom audience via the audience composition portal there is an option to Archive the custom audience.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Thanks for sharing that link - helpful information regarding the impact of each status. I still don't understand how to mark or change the lifecycle status. How do I set a 'draft' status for example?

Level 1

Hi @brekrut,

Same question as @kendallhall, how do we set the lifecycle status for an audience?

Also what is the difference between states "Inactive" and "Archived"?  

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello 

When you create a composite audience it will be marked as draft.  Only until you select the publish button in the audience composition canvas will it be moved into a status of published.  

The Acitve status has been deprecated and is replaced by the Published status.

When you upload a custom audience via the audience composition portal there is an option to Archive the custom audience.

Level 1

Thanks for the explanation @brekrut.

Earlier I thought lifecycle status was set manually by a user as part of a workflow, but it is actually set by AEP depending on certain actions/events.

Just to add to the above, "Archived" status is also deprecated. When an audience is archived, it will have the status "Inactive".      

Community Advisor

Hello @_Andy_ 

the workflow functionality in AEP is to map in data from an external source.  The lifecycle status is really focused around audience management.

Level 1

@brekrut I suspect the workflow trigger to move audiences from 'draft' to 'published' status is broken. As of the last update I have a handful of audiences stuck in 'draft' state despite being published to a destination. This was why I went looking for a way to manually adjust the lifecycle status (and found my way to this thread) because the automatic change didn't occur as expected during publishing.