Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Frequency Cap Workaround in AEP

Level 1

With Adobe Target lacking frequency capping capabilities, we were hoping to develop a workaround via page visits (where the adobe experience would be) in an AEP segment.

An example suppression segment query for seeing an experience 2 times in 5 days would be the following:
Include audience who have at least 2 Any events where (page_url contains exampledomain.com) and occurs in the last 5 day(s)

The issue with this is when a user visits once everyday, he/she never falls out of the suppression segment. Is there a viable workaround with different logic or signals? Maybe with Adobe Journey Optimizer?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

(Include audience who have at most 1 Page Views event where (Name contains exampledomain.com) ) and occurs in last 5 day(s)

DannyMiller_0-1666215991987.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

@shubard1219 I'm not sure I follow.  If your business requirement is seeing an experience 2 times in 5 days", and a user visits once everyday, they should not fall out of the segment.  Why do you think they should?

Now if you are saying it should be At Most, then modify the Segment to:

Include audience who have at most 2 Any events where (page_url contains exampledomain.com) and occurs in the last 5 day(s)

DannyMiller_0-1666212750208.png

Level 1

Sorry I may have been confusing in my statement since this is a suppression segment. For my logic...

Include audience who have at least 2 Any events where (page_url contains exampledomain.com) and occurs in the last 5 day(s)

... if a user visits once per day, like you said, they will not fall out of this suppression group. But my issue is I want them to fall out of a segment for a single day so they can see the Adobe Target experience. 

My goal is to essentially show a user experiences/promotions only once every X days. Do you have a recommendation for if I wanted a user to see my experience once every 5 days (either via a targeting or suppression segment)?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

(Include audience who have at most 1 Page Views event where (Name contains exampledomain.com) ) and occurs in last 5 day(s)

DannyMiller_0-1666215991987.png

Level 1

So if I switch to targeting this segment instead of suppressing it, I would still be unable to ever reach users who visit once a day, correct? (because they would perpetually be excluded from this segment)