Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exporting and Importing / Replicating AEP Segments from one Sandbox to the other

Level 1

Hi Guys,

What the best way to replicate AEP segments from one sandbox to the other? I have tried APIs but then if you create a segment using API, it does not allow you to edit it in the UI designer.

I have even tried manually copying the segment code using the code view but that is read only. I can copy it but I cant paste it to the other side. I looks like the only way to copy a segment is manually creating them using the Segment Builder.

Anyone with any ideas?

Regards,
Adeel

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

As I said earlier, you cannot edit Segment in UI if you create it via API, the source of creation will be the master for edit.  @aydeel I do wish this wasn't the case, but sometimes it is what it is .

Got a recent confirmation which backs it up as well. Please refer to  Ability to edit Segments regardless of creation so... - Adobe Experience League Community - 442192  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 1

Did you check if you have the same access right in the instance you have deployed your segment? Which API did you use to create to the segment?

Level 5

Since the segment is created via API, any updates should be made via API only, you can use update method API for this. If you want to edit via UI, then have to create it via UI.

I can't back this with any official documentation, so probably worth checking with Adobe Support if my above thought is right, let me know.

Correct answer by
Level 5

As I said earlier, you cannot edit Segment in UI if you create it via API, the source of creation will be the master for edit.  @aydeel I do wish this wasn't the case, but sometimes it is what it is .

Got a recent confirmation which backs it up as well. Please refer to  Ability to edit Segments regardless of creation so... - Adobe Experience League Community - 442192