Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

ECID not visible in debuggers

Level 2

Hi team,

I am currently in process of migrating the analytics tracking to WebSdk and while doing the same, I am facing a challenge for Experience cloud id (ECID).

I am trying to capture ECID via data prep method as per this documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/tags/extensions/client/web-sdk/access... and followed the steps like going to datastreams, within mapping I provided a sample JSON payload put source field like xdm.identityMap.ECID[0].id and refer to custom eVar where I want to track it.

There are two questions which I wanted to cross check.

1. Although, I am able to see these ECID's in Adobe Analytics but I can't see them neither in any debugger like omnibug or in interact call, as I am expecting to see this ECID getting stored in that eVar where I am passing within that data prep method

2. Is this the recommended approach to capture the ECID's or is there any other way we can track the same.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ishanchopra ,

1. yes, that is a little bit of magic that happens on the Edge Network.

You will be able to see the mapped ECID in your eVar when you create a log session in your Experience Platform Debugger

bjoern__koth_5-1728374686383.png

and reload the page

bjoern__koth_4-1728374623288.png

2. yes, this is recommended since the ECID is not available through a cookie (well it kind of is, but it is Vase64 encoded) and may have to be requested asynchronously which may impact your data accuracy (ECID not yet retrieved) or slow down your requests (waiting for the ECID call to finish). See more on this topic here

Cheers from Switzerland!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ishanchopra ,

1. yes, that is a little bit of magic that happens on the Edge Network.

You will be able to see the mapped ECID in your eVar when you create a log session in your Experience Platform Debugger

bjoern__koth_5-1728374686383.png

and reload the page

bjoern__koth_4-1728374623288.png

2. yes, this is recommended since the ECID is not available through a cookie (well it kind of is, but it is Vase64 encoded) and may have to be requested asynchronously which may impact your data accuracy (ECID not yet retrieved) or slow down your requests (waiting for the ECID call to finish). See more on this topic here

Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 2

Thank you @bjoern__koth, I am able to see the ECID with AEP debugger as per the steps shared by you.

One more thing, while mapping ECID with data prep method within datastreams I gave the sample payload and not the actual JSON for my current schema as it was not showing in Preview sample data column. I wanted to check will this impact anything on the tracking ?

Thank you

Community Advisor

Hi @ishanchopra 

no, the sample JSON just helps you in the mapping process. It has no effect on the actual data mapping 

Cheers from Switzerland!

Level 2

Thank you @bjoern__koth, for clarifying everything.

Have a great day...