Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate Audience are getting created in Adobe Target When Setting Up Destinations for Audience Sharing in Adobe Experience Platform

Level 3

In the process of configuring a destination for audience sharing in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP) with Adobe Target integration, I've encountered an issue where two audiences are being created in Adobe Target one with Source as Adobe Experience Platform and other with Source as Adobe Experience Cloud. This duplication is causing potential confusion and challenges in audience management.

I am seeking guidance on how to prevent the creation of duplicate audiences in Adobe Target when setting up destinations for audience sharing in Adobe Experience Platform. Is there a specific configuration step or best practice that can be followed to streamline this process and ensure that only one audience is created at the Adobe Target end? Any insights or recommendations on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mustufam5967803 If you have not setup an export of audiences explicitly through the UI to Audience Manager then what might have been the case that someone would have gone the legacy way of exporting audience from AEP to AAM.

IMG_5488.png

This used to be done by Adobe customer care earlier.

More about it here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guide...

This seems to be the issue here. Would suggest reaching out to Adobe support to confirm if you indeed have AAM export setup the legacy way.

That should sort out your issue.

Cheers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hey @mustufam5967803 

That seems to be a bit weird.

The only scenario I can think of this happening is that the audience was created elsewhere, like in Audience Manager and then shared with AEP. And then AEP, in turn, also shared that audience with Adobe Target through the configured destination.

In this case, Audience Manager segment would show up in Adobe Target under Experience Cloud source whereas AEP segment would show up with AEP as source.

Do you have AAM as part of the stack? One way to easily see it would be to check the last modified column. If one of the audiences is coming from AAM, they would show up something like 'aam-integration' under the last modified column.

If you could share a possible snapshot of what do you see in Target for the two audiences, that would help.

Cheers.

Level 3

Hi @abhinavbalooni,

I have only created the audiences in Adobe Experience Platform and with destination configuration as Adobe Target to share the audiences.

I have no dependency at Adobe Audience Manager end. But yes, in Target Audiences an audience is getting created with modified date as "Audience Manager", following is the screenshot for reference. May I know we can avoid this audience getting created.

mustufam5967803_0-1702382272660.png

Community Advisor

Yeah. So the hypothesis was correct.

@mustufam5967803 Do you also have segments going from AEP into AAM? 

This might be causing the issue here.

Your segment might be getting exported separately into AAM and Target and also flowing from AAM to Target through the experience cloud service.

Link for AAM Target integration: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guide...

You can use either of the two segments in this case as the segment definition would be the same. 

Level 3

@abhinavbalooni I have not shared any segments from AEP to AAM. Does it automatically get shared while configuring. 

I followed this document to create destination as Adobe Target

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@mustufam5967803 If you have not setup an export of audiences explicitly through the UI to Audience Manager then what might have been the case that someone would have gone the legacy way of exporting audience from AEP to AAM.

IMG_5488.png

This used to be done by Adobe customer care earlier.

More about it here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/audience-manager/user-guide/implementation-integration-guide...

This seems to be the issue here. Would suggest reaching out to Adobe support to confirm if you indeed have AAM export setup the legacy way.

That should sort out your issue.

Cheers.