Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

deleting data imported using UI - delete by given batch ID using UI

Level 7

I imported data using UI. It was in Dataset UI. I see that there is an option to delete batch. If I delete batch (using UI) then the data would also be removed from profile? I dont see it being deleted. Is there a method to delete such a data? 

Thanks

Mike 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Michael_Soprano ,

If the dataset you are executing the delete request is an Experience Event class, then the data gets deleted from the Datalake and UPS (Unified Profile Store).
If the dataset is of the Individual Profile Class, then the data will only get deleted from the Datalake and not from the UPS.
The reason you cannot delete batches for datasets based on record schemas is because record type dataset batches overwrite previous records and therefore cannot be “undone” or deleted.

The only way to remove the impact of erroneous batches for datasets based on record schemas (Individual Class) is to re-ingest the batch with the correct data in order to overwrite the incorrect records.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi @Michael_Soprano ,

If the dataset you are executing the delete request is an Experience Event class, then the data gets deleted from the Datalake and UPS (Unified Profile Store).
If the dataset is of the Individual Profile Class, then the data will only get deleted from the Datalake and not from the UPS.
The reason you cannot delete batches for datasets based on record schemas is because record type dataset batches overwrite previous records and therefore cannot be “undone” or deleted.

The only way to remove the impact of erroneous batches for datasets based on record schemas (Individual Class) is to re-ingest the batch with the correct data in order to overwrite the incorrect records.