Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom conditions for WebSdk for Analytics

Level 2

Hi everyone,

We are currently migrating our analytics tracking from legacy way (Via Adobe Analytics extension) to WebSdk and I wanted to understand few of the use cases how it will get implemented.

Since in Adobe Analytics, while creating rules we used to set variables, send beacon and use clear variable but while migrating to WebSdk extension we have to create schemas, data streams and when creating a normal page load rule we will send WebSdk send event within actions and call that XDM object (Create as a data element).

However, I wanted to know in Adobe Analytics when we need to trigger few variables that will be specific to particular use-case we add conditions along with set variables but don't send beacon as we already send beacon in other global page load rule. For eg. for product pages I need to append two new eVars and we can add conditions and only set variables within action but via websdk how can we achieve it if I need to append the 3 new variables only for specific product pages but don't need to send separate websdk event as we are already sending the websdk event in global page load rule.

Appreciate for any assistance...

Thank you...

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Employee Advisor

Hi @ish2488 ,

You can stack rules to contribute different variables to the XDM object under different conditions, just the same way as you probably did with the Analytics extension:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/platform-learn/data-collection/tags/stack-rules

By the way, you can now send data to Adobe Analytics using the data object instead of the xdm object, which many customers have found preferable. Take a look at the options for the data object in the Experience Platform Web SDK tags extension and you will see the options to send data directly to Analytics, Target, and Audience Manager.

Good luck with your migration!