Expand my Community achievements bar.

CJA data connection skips records from AEP Web SDK

Level 2

I'm currently trying to conduct a small data stitching POC on CJA by combining three data sets with "Email" as Person ID:

#1 Client-side event data captured via the AEP Web SDK deployed via Adobe Tags (Primary Identity: ECID / Email pushed in some hits)

#2 Manually uploaded event data from Callcenter (Primary Identity: Email)

#3 Manually uploaded profile data from CRM (Primary Identity: Email)

However, it seems that the data connection to CJA fails as it skips the majority of records for #1 by highlighting the error "Missing timestamp":

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.36.45.png

But when looking into the data set itself via the preview, I can clearly see that the auto-generated timestamp is being generated via Adobe Tags:

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 09.38.21.png

Did anybody else experience the same issue before? Interestingly enough, it does only skip the records for non-identified events, while a form submission with email being present in the hit is being processed. Is that because the Person ID is being set to Email? Nevertheless, my understanding was that CJA should be still possible to process the data even when only the ECID is present (but obviously without creating any correlation to the rest of the data available).

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@digitalNick for #1, are you setting Person ID as "Identity Map"? If not, then you should set that and see if you still see missing records.

Also, when the emailId is received for some requests - make sure the email is set as part of the identity map.