My goal is to apply exit criteria to the AEP segment in Target

Ex: When a user visits 3 times, he shouldn't see the banner

When the user clicks the close button, the campaign should be exited

Thank You,

Uma

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Umamaheswari_Yakkala I think this is a bit of "it depends". 

1. You might be able to do some of this via Edge Segments in AEP (e.g. clicks on a button using web sdk)
  2. Many other types of Segments can handle most of the use cases, but not at Edge speed (i.e. at minutes or day speed)
    • You can combine 1 & 2 to handle a lot of use cases
  3. Any kind of "visit" concept is not something AEP Segments handles well today (it can infer, e.g. a page view)
  4. Counts can be done in AEP Segments, but are done in batch/daily.  However, you can use sequential segments to "hard code" page view followed by another page view after 1 day, etc.
    1. This would need to be combined with 1 to get you both history and real time

A Target Profile script is probably cleaner as @Anil_Umachigi mentioned, but wanted to give you options.  If you want a centralized/reusable outside of Target segment, I'd bring it into AEP, if not, Target may be a better approach.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

@Umamaheswari_Yakkala There is no native feature for this within target ( and not something which is done in AEP segments), This will require a work around to capture the impression of the target activity into the "target profile" and use it later to suppress the offer 

here's a great post by brian which show cases this. 

Hope this helps 

Anil 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@Umamaheswari_Yakkala I think this is a bit of "it depends". 

1. You might be able to do some of this via Edge Segments in AEP (e.g. clicks on a button using web sdk)
  2. Many other types of Segments can handle most of the use cases, but not at Edge speed (i.e. at minutes or day speed)
    • You can combine 1 & 2 to handle a lot of use cases
  3. Any kind of "visit" concept is not something AEP Segments handles well today (it can infer, e.g. a page view)
  4. Counts can be done in AEP Segments, but are done in batch/daily.  However, you can use sequential segments to "hard code" page view followed by another page view after 1 day, etc.
    1. This would need to be combined with 1 to get you both history and real time

A Target Profile script is probably cleaner as @Anil_Umachigi mentioned, but wanted to give you options.  If you want a centralized/reusable outside of Target segment, I'd bring it into AEP, if not, Target may be a better approach.