Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP Web SDK - Sending data to different data sets

Level 2

Hi Everyone

We're using an integration of the AEP Web SDK via Tags. For a current requirement, it became necessary to send particular events to a different data set than the rest of the other basic web tracking events. Additionally, this data set also comes with a different schema.

Since one AEP data stream can be only attached to one particular data set, I thought about creating an additional data stream and then re-configure the alloy.js in the onBeforeEventSend command and some custom for just this particular event…however, even when I try locally I get the following issue:

[alloy] configure command was rejected. Error: Error: [alloy] The library has already been configured and may only be configured once

Is there any other way how this could potentially be achieved?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @digitalNick,
In right section of send event configuration you get an option to specify dataset id other than dataset that you configured in DataStream, Refer snapshot 

AtulChavan_0-1652175087653.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @digitalNick,
In right section of send event configuration you get an option to specify dataset id other than dataset that you configured in DataStream, Refer snapshot 

AtulChavan_0-1652175087653.png