Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP schema reusing and entity relationship

Level 1

AEP document says one schema can be reused by multiple datasets. It also says we can define lookup relationship between schemas by setting a lookup field in the source schema to refer to destination schema's primary identity field.

My question is when the destination schema is reused by two datasets, which dataset the source schema's lookup field will refer to?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @kevinclcn 

Hope you are doing well!

In my opinion, re-using schemas is all about enabling modular-data-infrastructure. So, if you have created one schema and used it in two data sets. And say that you have enabled batch ingestion to both data sets. Then, when a data ingestion occurs, Adobe would utilize same schema for both the data sets separately while receiving and storing the data.

So, there shouldn't be any conflict in looking up the fields or fields groups while ingesting data, as long as schema is intact and source connection is unchanged!

Best,

Kishore

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Employee

@kevinclcn Could you please elaborate a little more on your usecase.

Regards,

Karan

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @kevinclcn 

Hope you are doing well!

In my opinion, re-using schemas is all about enabling modular-data-infrastructure. So, if you have created one schema and used it in two data sets. And say that you have enabled batch ingestion to both data sets. Then, when a data ingestion occurs, Adobe would utilize same schema for both the data sets separately while receiving and storing the data.

So, there shouldn't be any conflict in looking up the fields or fields groups while ingesting data, as long as schema is intact and source connection is unchanged!

Best,

Kishore