Expand my Community achievements bar.

AEP Dataset Table Name

Level 2

Hi, 

We have a dataset created in AEP from a schema. We called it 'Test' as an example and after a few days we changed the name of the dataset to 'Test2'. After this change was made the Table Name of the dataset still remains as 'Test' even though the name of the dataset updates to 'Test2'. 

Is there a way to change the table name in datasets or does this remain constant after creation?

Thanks

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 2

Yes. It remains constant after creation. As an alternate you can create a new dataset as "Test2" with the same schema.

--ssj

Community Advisor

Table name will always stay consistent with original dataset name - you could create a new dataset as @itsme_ssj mentioned, but if you already have data loaded to the first dataset and do not want to delete and re-ingest, then this would not be advised.

Level 4

As I understand: "Test" was the name of the dataset as well as the underlying table and when you made the dataset changes ("Test2") the underlying table did not change. I do not see any "Alter Table" command to rename the table in Adobe Query service document(and I have not tried it myself), but you can download the data for safekeeping and give it a try in the query service(at best it might fail)!

Administrator

@trojan_horse Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni