Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

403 Forbidden Error with Adobe IO: Adding Rule Component to Rule I created

Level 3

Hello All.  

I was hoping someone might be able to help point me in a direction that would help me resolve my access issue.

I'm working Experience Platform - Adobe Data Collection (Launch) API in Postman and ran into a 403 Forbidden Error.  Normally that would mean I don't have access to something, but in this case it means I don't have access to the Rule that I created using Adobe IO (same techaccount ID)?

Thus far, with the same techaccount ID, i've been able to

- create a Launch Property

- Add and configure the Adobe Analytics Extension

- Add a data element using the Core Extension

- Add a rule

But now that i'm trying to add a rule component to the rule, i'm getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Would anyone know why and how to resolve this?

in my previous dealings with Adobe's Reporting API, i know there are situations where I can create a Workspace Project/Segment/Calculated Metric using the API and have to 'transfer' the digital asset from my 'techAccount' over to my 'guiAccount'.  But I believe that's because in Adobe Analytics people's accounts are not accessible to another user.  Adobe Launch is not set up that way.  Any with the correct access levels can change any rule/extension/etc. they want (meaning the same 'account access restrictions' don't apply).

Anyone have any other ideas or insights they could share to help me resolve my problem?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jlinhardt_blueAcorn  - Can you check the below thread if that could help you to fix the issue.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-platform-launch/403-forbidden-stat...
Thank you,
Jay.

Thanks for taking a look at my posting.  Unfortunately the post you reference doesn't seem to fit or fix my issue.  

Administrator

Hi @jlinhardt_blueAcorn Did you find the fix?

It would be great to share the solution with community.

Level 3

No, i have not found the solution for this access forbidden error yet.

Level 1

This error indicates that the server has determined that you are not allowed access to the thing you've requested, either on purpose or due to a misconfiguration . It's probably because the site owner has limited access to it and you don't have permission to view it. The vast majority of the time, there's not much you can do to fix things on your (*client) end. There are four common causes for 403 Forbidden error (server side) . Here they are listed from most likely to least likely:

• An empty website directory
  • No index page
  • Incorrect settings in the .htaccess file
  • Permission / Ownership error

If authentication credentials were provided in the request, the server considers them insufficient to grant access. The client SHOULD NOT automatically repeat the request with the same credentials. The client MAY repeat the request with new or different credentials. However, a request might be forbidden for reasons unrelated to the credentials.