Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Solved] The "Core" extension has been upgraded on this property. Libraries can no longer be built no matter what I try.

Level 1

Hello,

I've been updating some rules and libraries in Adobe Launch today and got stuck with this error:

The "Core" extension has been upgraded on this property. The upgraded version must be included in this library by selecting the "latest" revision. Add it to your library, then rebuild.

It worked for a while but when I got to publishing my changes to production I got stuck with this error no matter what I do from now on. Editing rules, list of rules in the libraries, creating new libraries and deleting the not working ones doesn't help. And I am absolutely positive the latest revision is selected in the library I am trying to build. And I get the same error even if the library is kept empty.

What's more even other libraries that I have not touched are suddenly not working either.

Any ideas what does this error mean and how to fix this?

Appreciate all help I can get. Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin Kozub

2 Replies

Level 1

Ok, so for those lost just like me. The reason for that is that another library has an "Extension: Core" update. It is blocking all other libraries even if this one is in the Library State: Development (taken down from Submitted). So, this trick to publish a new library by temporarily taking down another Submitted library doesn't work here. Not sure why is that the case and what makes "Extension: Core" so special, but it looks as though that library needs to go first or perhaps it would work if it was striped of the "Extension: Core" temporarily.

Community Advisor

@martink70507545this doesn't apply to the Core extension only, but to all extensions. As soon as an extension has been upgraded in your Launch property and you have Rules and/or Data Elements (both published or changed) that are derived from those extensions, then you will always need to include the upgraded extensions in any new libraries that you build.