Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Need advice on AEP Datastream ID changing/switching for an action

Level 1

Need advice on the AEP Datastream ID switching. 

Three Datastream IDs were created that are for the below services.
1. Datastream ID 1st - for Target service only 

2. Datastream ID 2nd - for AEP service only

3. Datastream ID 3rd - for (Target + AEP) service

These 3 datastream IDs were created for a consent point of view on the web page. The consent banner has options for enabling and disabling Target and AEP.

Based on the consent given, the AEM team applied logic for appearing relevant Datastream ID on the page.

Let me explain the issue with one scenario - 
1. A user lands on the web page the first time and consent banner appears and user accepts for TARGET only. 
for the scenario Datastream ID appearing correct(Target enabled Datastream ID) in server call. fine
2. After few minutes the same customer goes to cookie page and change consent again (e.g. disabled TARGET and enable AEP).   

As soon as the consent button is clicked after changing the consent option (e.g. disabled TARGET and enabled AEP) the previous Datastream id is apprearing still on the page but after loading the page manually, ID is correctly showing. issue

Kindly advise for any method for changing/switching Datastream ID as soon as consent button is clicked with different options.

NOTE: Page is not loading after clicking on consent banner. we are not using Adobe Launch. alloy.js directly set into the page.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

What version of alloy.js are you using? Datastream overrides are only supported since v2.18.0 and other overrides in v2.16.0. Your error makes me think you are using a version older than v2.16.0

You can check this with 

alloy("getLibraryInfo").then(data => console.log("Alloy version: ", data.libraryInfo.version)) 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 1

Hi @V_Sirish_Kaushik1 

Considered this method but showing up below error when an action happened.

Uncaught (in promise ) Error:  [alloy] Invalid sendEvent command 
- Error: 'edgeConfigOverrides' : Unkown field.

Kindly advise on that.

NOTE: We are not using Adobe Launch. we directly inject the alloy.js on the page.

Correct answer by
Level 2

What version of alloy.js are you using? Datastream overrides are only supported since v2.18.0 and other overrides in v2.16.0. Your error makes me think you are using a version older than v2.16.0

You can check this with 

alloy("getLibraryInfo").then(data => console.log("Alloy version: ", data.libraryInfo.version)) 

Level 1

Hi @cmcbride_adobe Thanks!

we are using the below version.

Alloy version: 2.17.0

Will Datastream overrides will work for this version?

Thanks

Level 2

No. You need to update Alloy in order to utilize Datastream Overrides.

Administrator

@NiBa1 Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.