Expand my Community achievements bar.

Integrating WEB SDK via Ensighten(TMS)

Employee

Hello All,

Client is using Ensighten TMS they already have adobe analytics implemented via it with data layer on pages.
Now they want to implement the WEB SDK to get the unified view of the customer.
so they want to integrate WEB SDK via Ensighten using the same data layer? Anyone knows how to do it ? is there a way to do it ?

8 Replies

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge/fundamentals/installing-the-sdk.htm...

There are three supported ways to install Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK:

1. The preferred way to use Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK is via the Data Collection UI or Experience Platform UI.
  2. Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK is also available on a content delivery network (CDN) for you to use.
  3. Use the NPM library which exports EcmaScript 5 and EcmaScript 2015 (ES6) modules.

These methods are detailed in the link I posted above.

Level 4

Certainly, it's possible to implement a web SDK using any TMS or directly through alloy.js on the page. I had once implemented it via Tealium TMS, and they do have fields to map XDM. Ensighten might be having similar set up in my opinion. 

V_Sirish_Kaushik1_0-1707552287031.png

Employee

Hi @V_Sirish_Kaushik1 

Let's say, if client has installed the WEBSDK using alloy.js on site . then do they need to do the XDM mapping(for example as shown in your above image) in Ensighten? if Ensighten don't have fields to map XDM then what should be the recommended way?

Level 4

You might need to pass XDM object directly into send event command in that case I guess. Its a JSON fundamentally, might need to manually create it. 

Employee

Hi @V_Sirish_Kaushik1  
if i want to validate the web sdk set up, how can i validate it ? can we have any network filter so that i can filter the network tab and can see that xdm object is Triggering.??

Level 4

Yes of course, filter with 'interact' calls. Most of the calls could be found with this. Some calls can be filtered with 'collect' as well.

Administrator

Did you find the suggested solutions helpful? It would be great if you can  mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, share it with wider audience in the community.