Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Event Forwarding to Google Ads without PII (email, mobile or address) and Transaction ID

Level 1

Hi everyone,

I understand that the major use case for event forwarding is first party data/ unique identifiers, but mu use case revolves around cookie deprecation. 

I would like to send page view events to google ads via event forwarding.

However the google ads enhanced conversion extension will not allow me to do this unless I have PII (email, mobile or address) and Transaction ID. 

Can some kindly help me figure out a solution? Should I send the event via custom command like I did in tags (as below)?
<script>
gtag('event', 'conversion', {
'send_to': 'AW-XXXXXXXXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXX',
});
</script>

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I don't think so it will send the Google ads event within the event forwarding. What EF do here it's will enchance the existing conversion with by sending the additional PII data to conversion tag and to match the conversion tag transaction id need to be Match in Google ads event sent from clients side and then later on event forwarding side.

In short to send data to Google ads through events forwarding Frist need to implement the Google ads event from the client side. 

And if you get the solution please let me also know as far I have done the research it will not work.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 1

I don't think so it will send the Google ads event within the event forwarding. What EF do here it's will enchance the existing conversion with by sending the additional PII data to conversion tag and to match the conversion tag transaction id need to be Match in Google ads event sent from clients side and then later on event forwarding side.

In short to send data to Google ads through events forwarding Frist need to implement the Google ads event from the client side. 

And if you get the solution please let me also know as far I have done the research it will not work.