Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Element Text Translation

Level 3

In our Adobe Launch rules I often use the innerText on elements such as buttons.

Although our website is UK only, we frequently get customers accessing our website from abroad and translating the page. My innerText is therefore sent to Adobe Analytics in a variety of languages. I wondered if anybody had found a good way round this?

There are obviously a few options like a lookup table...but none that seem particularly easy.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

We have a similar issue. So what we did is to add a data attribute to the elements in question. As we are in a CMS environment we even exposed this to the authors so they can define the tracking value. So even if e.g. the link text changes the value tracked with AA stays the same:

<button onclick="openOverlay();" data-analytics-name="Overlay button">Open overlay</button>

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

We have a similar issue. So what we did is to add a data attribute to the elements in question. As we are in a CMS environment we even exposed this to the authors so they can define the tracking value. So even if e.g. the link text changes the value tracked with AA stays the same:

<button onclick="openOverlay();" data-analytics-name="Overlay button">Open overlay</button>