Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Debugging/Troubleshooting a Mobile SDK implementation

Level 2

Hi everyone!

With my team we have deployed Adobe's SDK in one of our mobile apps, in all of our environments (dev, qa and production), and deployed an initial setting in Adobe as well:

- Configured Analytics' extension.

- Set up report suites for each environment.

When debugging on the app/code, using AEP Assurance, we can see a log of request from the app being sent into Adobe. 

Nevertheless, on a Workspace view, and having created a sample and basic dashboard for seeing data, we cannot see anything coming in. 

We are focusing right now on just connect both services and seing populated metrics like unique users or occurences for now. Have not yet started with schemas, datasets or datastreams. Is this necessary for the just connecting an app with Analytics on a basic scale?

What have we missed? Any ideas?

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

They are 2 ways to implement mobile apps for Adobe Analytics:

Solution 1: point product implementation

In this solution you will need to install the Adobe Analytics extension and use the trackState and trackAction from the MobileCore extension

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/#integration-via-solutions-spe...

In this one you do not need AEP extensions, nor schema or datastreams

Solution2: AEP and using datastreams

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/#integration-using-experience-...

In this one you will need:

• Create a schema in AEP to handle mobile data
    • Notice that for lifecycle metric you will to configure a specific rule to forward data to AEP
  • Create a datastream with an analytics service to forward data to Adobe Analytics (report suite should be mobile enabled)
  • Add AEP extensions, AEP identity, AEP assurance and so on, do a build and release to production
  • Use gradle or cocoapods to install dependencies
  • Use code to register each extensions
  • Send an event to AEP or froward data to AEP in lifecycle instance

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

In Assurance, make sure you're matching for Analytics hits, since those are the actual AA hits. Something like this should work:

const { toolkit } = window.griffon;
const analytic**bleep**Events = toolkit.match(
  toolkit.edge.analytic**bleep**.matcher,
  events
);
// analytic**bleep**Events contains all Analytics hits

If you don't get any Analytics hits, then it means your implementation is incomplete. I think the key missing piece is your datastream -- I believe you need to set that up to send data to the Analytics service.

Update: It looks like this forum censors some words. Where it says "analytic**bleep*", replace that with "analytics Hit" as one word without the space. (And now you can see why that got censored!)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

They are 2 ways to implement mobile apps for Adobe Analytics:

Solution 1: point product implementation

In this solution you will need to install the Adobe Analytics extension and use the trackState and trackAction from the MobileCore extension

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/#integration-via-solutions-spe...

In this one you do not need AEP extensions, nor schema or datastreams

Solution2: AEP and using datastreams

https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/#integration-using-experience-...

In this one you will need:

• Create a schema in AEP to handle mobile data
    • Notice that for lifecycle metric you will to configure a specific rule to forward data to AEP
  • Create a datastream with an analytics service to forward data to Adobe Analytics (report suite should be mobile enabled)
  • Add AEP extensions, AEP identity, AEP assurance and so on, do a build and release to production
  • Use gradle or cocoapods to install dependencies
  • Use code to register each extensions
  • Send an event to AEP or froward data to AEP in lifecycle instance

Hope this helps

Level 2

Thanks for your feedback. I have access to Assurance, but I can't manage to make it work. 

Screenshot 2023-04-18 at 08.02.00.png

I have no clue on whwat a Adobe Response event is, and we have verified with the dev team and every component of Adobe seems to be updated. How may we fix this?

Community Advisor

When you are debugging in AEP Assurance, are you able to see the green dot on the "Post-processed status" and if your details data of the hit looks all good?

As long as there is the green dot for post-processed, the hit should be safe in Adobe Analytics and you can see the data as expected in the data feed on the right-hand side for each hit.

Screenshot 2023-03-30 at 1.46.35 PM.png

Level 5

Additionally, if you need to debug your app in the best way, try to implement the below method and it helps to AA debug

Currently, we facing some issues with Android studio logcat debugging keep disconnecting and reconnecting issues. So, the below configurations help us to debug the iOS and Android in the same place and quickly.

Android Adobe Analytics debugging:

https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/Tealium-for-Android/Setting-up-Charles-to-Proxy-your-Android-Devi...