Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Could not send numeric values to Adobe via DTM

Level 2

Im trying to send a numeric value to Adobe server, i tried with eVar, props, events but nothing works, after many searches came to know that events are best which supports the numbers but when i tried it, it is not sending the given value, will it consider only the instances? If so, please suggest me a way to send the numeric value

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Cool.

Could you try using the snippet below once and see what you get ? This should work if everything else is fine at your end. 

s.eVar1 = 'My Text';

s.eVar2 = 'My Text2';

s.events = 'event1=10.5';

s.linkTrackVars = 'eVar1,eVar2,events';

s.linkTrackEvents = 'event1';

s.tl(true, 'o','Fire event');

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @karthik_22,

Did you try to use some tools to check what data had been sent to Adobe Analytics?

Like Omnibug browser plugin

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 2.48.31 PM.png

Or directly the network panel in the browser developer tool

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 2.48.51 PM.png

Level 2

@leocwlau 
I'm validating using omnibug and I could see the same data passing in but its not populating the Adobe dashboard table

Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 12.57.37 PM.png

Community Advisor

Hi @karthik_22 ,

Some thing is wrong at your end may be in the event setup. The code that I provided above gave me the right values. Have a look below. Fired 6 times. Works

abhibalooni_0-1700640580604.png

Level 2

@abhinavbalooni 

Hope you would've set up the events in this path Admin -> All admin -> report suite -> Edit settings -> conversion -> Success events.

You had the type as counter or Numeric?