Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEP -> Analytics mapping of product category

Level 2

Hi all

I am currently migrating a client's website to Launch / WebSDK / AEP. One question that arose is how to map the products into the XDM to automatically send data to Analytics. We have the _experience schema enabled to map props, eVars and events. What's my biggest issue now is how to get the product category from the s.products string into XDM?

According to this link https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/implementation/vars/page-vars/products.html?lang=e... it should be possible as lineItemId property in the productListItems items. However, the XDM does not show this property whereas name, quantity and and priceTotal are. 

Is this some kind of bug? lineItemId sounds somehow wrong as a value of a product category?

b_koth_1-1658833034075.png

UPDATE: I may have missed the piece of information in the BIG BOX... 

b_koth_0-1658897366872.png

Cheers

Björn

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Bjorn! 

You are right, it does not show up in the schema but does work when you pass it. 

I tried it and worked alright, should be in the same level as out of box properties "SKU" , name etc.. 

Here's how it will look, it should then be mapped to cat part of products.  

[
  {
    lineItemId: "sneakers",
    name: "asics-gel-kayano",
    quantity: 1,
    priceTotal: 199,
...otherVars
} ]

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey Bjorn! 

You are right, it does not show up in the schema but does work when you pass it. 

I tried it and worked alright, should be in the same level as out of box properties "SKU" , name etc.. 

Here's how it will look, it should then be mapped to cat part of products.  

[
  {
    lineItemId: "sneakers",
    name: "asics-gel-kayano",
    quantity: 1,
    priceTotal: 199,
...otherVars
} ]

Level 2

Thank you Anil, that helps a lot!

Just looks funky that Adobe is missing out this "little" piece of information in their XDM schema so you are practically forced to pass in the whole array of product objects (fair enough, who wouldn't :D) 

Cheers

Björn