Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Wrong Bundle Location in Felix Console

Level 3

I am working on AEM 6.3 project, where my requirement is to change all the SNAPSHOT (1.0.0-SNAPSHOT) version to actual version in all the POM Files. After doing these change, I observed that "Bundle Location" is not getting changed in Felix Console.

In below screenshot, Version has been changed from "1.0-SNAPSHOT" to 1.0.0 but Bundle Location is still pointing to SNAPSHOT version.

Snapshot 1:

1464619_pastedImage_0.png

Snapshot 2:

1464666_pastedImage_10.png

POM FILE:

<profiles>

<profile>

<id>autoInstallBundle</id>

<build>

<plugins>

<plugin>

<groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>

<artifactId>maven-sling-plugin</artifactId>

<executions>

<execution>

<id>install-bundle</id>

<goals>

<goal>install</goal>

</goals>

<configuration>

<slingUrl>http://${crx.host}:${crx.port}/system/console/install</slingUrl>

<user>${crx.username}</user>

<password>${crx.password}</password>

</configuration>

</execution>

</executions>

</plugin>

</plugins>

</build>

</profile>

</profiles>

Is there anything else needs to be done in POM file to reflect the changes in Felix Console?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is expected behaviour and there is nothing wrong with it.  For details please see:

[SLING-4747] Installer does not consistently update bundle location in Webconsole - ASF JIRA

Jörg

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Nothing else need to be done. Try uninstalling and rebuilding with a new Maven Archetype project and specify the correct input values when specifying input values for the Maven Archetype project. Then deploy the new OSGi bundle.

Level 3

By uninstalling, you mean try deleting/uninstalling it from felix Console manually and then run mvn command again to install it with updated version number?

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

This is expected behaviour and there is nothing wrong with it.  For details please see:

[SLING-4747] Installer does not consistently update bundle location in Webconsole - ASF JIRA

Jörg