Expand my Community achievements bar.

Writing integration tests for AEM, part 5 | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Writing integration tests for AEM, part 5 by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

Writing tests seems to be a recurring topic  This week I wrote some integration tests which included one of the most important workflows in AEM: Activation of pages. Right now haven’t blogged about the handling of both author and publish in an integration test. I will show you how to do it.

So let’s assume that you want to do some product testing and validate that replication is working and also writes correct audit log entries. This should be covered with an integration test. You can find the complete sourcecode in the ActivatePageIT at the integrationtests github project.

Before we dig into the code itself, a small hint for the development phase of tests. If you can want to execute only a single integration tests, you can instruct maven to do this with the parameter “-Dit.test=”. So in our case the complete maven command line looks like this:

mvn clean install -Peaas-local -Dit.test=ActivatePageIT -Dit.author.url=http://localhost:4502
(assuming that you don’t run your AEM author on same port as I do … if you want to change that, modify the parameters in the pom.xml).

On the coding side, the approach follows of every integration test: we need to get the correct clients first:

Read Full Blog

Writing integration tests for AEM, part 5

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies