Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workflow's status is still "RUNNING" when have completed it

Level 1

Hi,

I got a question about Workflow. When I started a workflow on one page, I can see the “RUNNING” status in the “Instances” tab of Workflow console ( http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/content/console.html ). Then I went to the Inbox and chose to complete this workflow ( The work item in the inbox was the last step of the workflow. ), it would disappear from Inbox. But when I went back to ”Instances” tab of Workflow console, I found this workflow still there with “RUNNING” status. I think that its status should change to “COMPLETED” and it should move to the “Archive” tab. But the behavior is not, so is this behavior right, or what the right behavior should be?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Wang,

Please check your WF. There are three possibilities that can occur here,

1. check the "Handler Advance" of your WF in the last step.

2. If you are using a OR step do have one Default route.

3. Check if there are any errors in logs while executing the last step. Resolve the error if any to avoid incomplete WFs.

Regards

Harry

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Wang,

Please check your WF. There are three possibilities that can occur here,

1. check the "Handler Advance" of your WF in the last step.

2. If you are using a OR step do have one Default route.

3. Check if there are any errors in logs while executing the last step. Resolve the error if any to avoid incomplete WFs.

Regards

Harry

Level 1

Thanks Harry.

I have solved my question with your first solution.

I don't notice this checkbox before. Now as my understand, if we want to advance the workflow to the next step automatically, we must select this option. Right?

Level 10

Yes Wang ! if the advance handler is not handled in the code, then we need to select 'Handler Advance' checkbox to proceed to next step.

Regards,

Loki