Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Workflow permissions

Level 4

I am getting some permission issues for content authors and approvers on workflow

when workflow is executed, it calls

url https://localhost:4502/bin/workflow/inbox

which is returning 500 error with following message

Unable to add OrMemory

Status 

Unable to add OrMemory

Parent Location 

Path 

Referer 

ChangeLog 

<pre></pre>

it works fine for admin users

for authors and approvers it is returning 500 error

I looked in adobe forum, there is a thread

Workflow exceptions

I do see approvers and content authors are part of workflow-administrators, they are also part of workflow-editors and workflow-users (as mentioned by edubey in forum)

In the forum I tried to look for Mar 2015 session for workflow, it is taking me to Adobe Experience Manager Help | Listing of Ask the AEM Community Experts

when I click on that session it is taking me to Adobe forums page

https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

it seems that link is broken or moved

In error.log I see

6.09.2017 12:27:17.442 *WARN* [10.43.32.47 [1504715237437] POST /bin/workflow/inbox HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowManager Cannot archive workitem: /etc/workflow/instances/server0/2017-08-28/content-migration-process_69/workItems/node4_etc_workflow_instances_server0_2017-08-28_cedars-sinai-migration-process_69

javax.jcr.AccessDeniedException: Access denied.

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.security.AccessManager.checkPermissions(AccessManager.java:71)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I got it resolved, approvers need to have replicate permissions. Otherwise it will throw version exception and take extra steps to complete workflow

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Thanks for pointing out the March 2015 ATCE  - we will fix that.

edubey is correct - those users should be part of that group and it should work.

Level 4

I am able to resolve workflow issue by adding read, write, modify, create permissions on /etc/workflow/instances for authors and approvers

and we have to add the same groups in OSGI Adobe Granite Workflow service

I can see workflow complete successfully but few errors reported in error.log

Caused by: javax.jcr.version.VersionException: No such Version: 1.35

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.VersionHistoryDelegate.getVersion(VersionHistoryDelegate.java:83)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionHistoryImpl$5.perform(VersionHistoryImpl.java:137)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionHistoryImpl$5.perform(VersionHistoryImpl.java:133)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.delegate.SessionDelegate.perform(SessionDelegate.java:208)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.session.ItemImpl.perform(ItemImpl.java:112)

at org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.version.VersionHistoryImpl.getVersion(VersionHistoryImpl.java:133)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowModelManager.getWorkflowModelFromRepo(WorkflowModelManager.java:160)

... 129 common frames omitted

07.09.2017 09:43:30.995 *ERROR* [10.43.32.47 [1504791810976] GET /mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/shell/header/actions/pulse.data.json HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.model.WorkflowModelCacheImpl cannot load model. id: /etc/workflow/models/content-migration-process/jcr:content/model vid: 1.35

com.adobe.granite.workflow.model.VersionException: Version error retrieving workflow model /etc/workflow/models/content-migration-process/jcr:content/model

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.jcr.WorkflowModelManager.getWorkflowModelFromRepo(WorkflowModelManager.java:177)

it is taking long time and extra process steps for approvers to complete the workflow

Level 10

So it clearer - post a screen shot of the model.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I got it resolved, approvers need to have replicate permissions. Otherwise it will throw version exception and take extra steps to complete workflow

Level 10

Thanks for posting the solution here.