Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

workflow metadata args in process step

Level 2

Hi All,

I had created a workflow with one process step and provided some arguments. While I was trying to retrieve the Metadata args, I was getting only PROCESS key and its value, not PROCESS_ARGS key and value. But I can see the value on crx workflow model. Below the code snippet I use,

String processArgs = args.get("PROCESS_ARGS", String.class); Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rgravisankar you should use Sync option in Touch UI interface - this will apply changes under /var as well. Please be aware that once you are running new instance of the workflow model from /var will be used. So I suggest to update model definition under /var and see if this will help.

You can also have a look into documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @rgravisankar 

Can you try below code snippet:

String processArgs = processArguments.get("PROCESS_ARGS", "string").toString();

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Level 2

Hi @ArpitVarshney,I understand processAruguments is instance of MateDataMap from execute method parameter, if so, there no PROCESS_ARGS key present.

Iterator<String> ite = args.keySet().iterator();
while(ite.hasNext()) {
print(ite.next());
}

above code prints only "PROCESS", not "PROCESS_ARGS". Thanks.

Regards,

Ravi R

Community Advisor

Hi @rgravisankar could you please check if both workflow models - under /conf and /var contains PROCESS_ARGS property?

Level 2

@lukasz-m I can see PROCESS_ARGS property under /conf, but not in /var. Did miss anything when I create workflow model?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rgravisankar you should use Sync option in Touch UI interface - this will apply changes under /var as well. Please be aware that once you are running new instance of the workflow model from /var will be used. So I suggest to update model definition under /var and see if this will help.

You can also have a look into documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

Level 2

Thanks a lot @lukasz-m , I did sync on first time, but not sync in subsequent changes. Its my bad and shame on me :).

Thanks once again.