Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

workflow metadata args in process step

Level 2

Hi All,

I had created a workflow with one process step and provided some arguments. While I was trying to retrieve the Metadata args, I was getting only PROCESS key and its value, not PROCESS_ARGS key and value. But I can see the value on crx workflow model. Below the code snippet I use,

String processArgs = args.get("PROCESS_ARGS", String.class); Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rgravisankar you should use Sync option in Touch UI interface - this will apply changes under /var as well. Please be aware that once you are running new instance of the workflow model from /var will be used. So I suggest to update model definition under /var and see if this will help.

You can also have a look into documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @rgravisankar 

Can you try below code snippet:

String processArgs = processArguments.get("PROCESS_ARGS", "string").toString();

Regards,

Arpit Varshney

Level 2

Hi @ArpitVarshney,I understand processAruguments is instance of MateDataMap from execute method parameter, if so, there no PROCESS_ARGS key present.

Iterator<String> ite = args.keySet().iterator();
while(ite.hasNext()) {
print(ite.next());
}

above code prints only "PROCESS", not "PROCESS_ARGS". Thanks.

Regards,

Ravi R

Community Advisor

Hi @rgravisankar could you please check if both workflow models - under /conf and /var contains PROCESS_ARGS property?

Level 2

@lukasz-m I can see PROCESS_ARGS property under /conf, but not in /var. Did miss anything when I create workflow model?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@rgravisankar you should use Sync option in Touch UI interface - this will apply changes under /var as well. Please be aware that once you are running new instance of the workflow model from /var will be used. So I suggest to update model definition under /var and see if this will help.

You can also have a look into documentation https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

Level 2

Thanks a lot @lukasz-m , I did sync on first time, but not sync in subsequent changes. Its my bad and shame on me :).

Thanks once again.