Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Workflow Launcher problem with project task workflow

Level 2

Hi All,

We created a workflow in AEM6.3 using the Approval project / Project tasks.

This works fine when I go to a project and add a content path and kick off the workflow manually. However when I configure the Workflow launcher to point to a folder in DAM and looking for some metadata attribute value to kick of the workflow upon uploading an asset.

This seems to error out and I can see the below in the log.

com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Process execution resulted in an error

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:199)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.JobHandler.process(JobHandler.java:258)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.JobConsumerManager$JobConsumerWrapper.process(JobConsumerManager.java:500)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.startJob(JobQueueImpl.java:291)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl.access$100(JobQueueImpl.java:58)

at org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.queues.JobQueueImpl$1.run(JobQueueImpl.java:227)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Metadata must include project path property in property named: project.path

at com.adobe.cq.projects.impl.workflow.ProjectTaskWorkflowProcess.execute(ProjectTaskWorkflowProcess.java:120)

at com.adobe.granite.workflow.core.job.HandlerBase.executeProcess(HandlerBase.java:193)

... 8 more

I figured that when we start a workflow manually from project there are bunch of attributes that are assigned in the <Workflowinstance>/data/metaData. One such attribute is Project Path for which it is error out.

Does anyone face this issue earlier and have any pointers on how to make launcher work with the workflow created out of Approving Project/ Project tasks.

Help is much appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Correct. When you kick off the workflow through the Project UI the project.path is set on the workflow's metadata node.

project-path.png

Possible workarounds when using the workflow launcher is to persist a project path property via workflow process step prior to  the Create Task step.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Sreekanth,

Could you please mention the launcher configuration/properties that you are using to trigger the workflow. (in particular, Conditions) to narrow down the issue.

Level 2

Hi Vijjis

This is not really related to launcher as I see that workflow gets kicked off and see a notification in my inbox (but with a failure - process execution resulted in an error). The error details described as in my original post Caused by: com.adobe.granite.workflow.WorkflowException: Metadata must include project path property in property named: project.path

However as you asked the launcher just checks for a dc:title field is blank or not and kicks of the workflow. I guess the problem is how to make launcher work with a workflow created out of Project task steps.

Community Advisor

Hi Sreekanth,

When we "Start a Workflow" from being in Projects console/Workflow tile, we will be directed to path - http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/core/content/projects/wizard/startwork.html?project=/content/projects/someproject wherein along with workflowtitle, contentpath and several other properties, project related details gets saved as metadata in running workflow instance which will be used by "ProjectTaskWorkflowProcess" to create a task (in particular project.path property)

Perhaps when a workflow starts via a launcher, there is no means of project details getting saved in metadata(in contrast to the above way -> in the form of query param - this is my assumption, to be confirmed by Adobe team)and hence workflowexception in ProjectTaskWorkflowProcess step. (com.adobe.cq.projects.impl.workflow.ProjectTaskWorkflowProcess)

I would request Adobe team to confirm on this understanding/assumption.

P.S : After reading about Workflows and tasks related to Projects, I totally admit that I deviated by asking about launcher configuration. My miss !!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Correct. When you kick off the workflow through the Project UI the project.path is set on the workflow's metadata node.

project-path.png

Possible workarounds when using the workflow launcher is to persist a project path property via workflow process step prior to  the Create Task step.

Level 2