Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

WKND tutorial - custom component creation error

Level 2

Hello i am trying the custom component creation chapter drom the tutorial but i created the files as instructed but getting the error while installing the package on local aem instance

Shivam_S_0-1621755518376.png

[ERROR] ValidationViolation: "jackrabbit-nodetypes: Node '{}.context [nt:unstructured]' is not allowed as child of node with types '[nt:folder]':
Could not find matching child node definition in parent's node type", filePath=jcr_root\apps\wknd\components\byline\_cq_design_dialog\.context.xml, nodePath=/apps/wknd/components/byline/cq:design_dialog/.context, line=5, column=61
[ERROR] ValidationViolation: "jackrabbit-nodetypes: Node '{}.context [nt:unstructured]' is not allowed as child of node with types '[nt:folder]':
Could not find matching child node definition in parent's node type", filePath=jcr_root\apps\wknd\components\byline\_cq_dialog\.context.xml, nodePath=/apps/wknd/components/byline/cq:dialog/.context, line=5, column=65

Please advise

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Seems i made a typing mistake and named the file as .context.xml instead of .content.xml. changing name fixed the issue,

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Shivam_S 

What is the jcr:primaryType of all the 3 .content.xml file you have defined?

Ideally the root one should be

jcr:primaryType="cq:Component"

wheras the other 2 i.e. _cq_design_dialog and _cq_dialog should be

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi the below are the primaryTypes:

1. byline/.context.xml - cq:Component

2. byline/_cq_dialog/.context.xml - nt:unstructured

3. byline/_cq_design_dialog/.context.xml - nt:unstructured

Correct answer by
Level 2

Seems i made a typing mistake and named the file as .context.xml instead of .content.xml. changing name fixed the issue,

Thanks!