Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Will there be any impact if we are not using Standard Rollout Configuration in AEM MSM?

Level 1

Hi All,

We have 1 requirement in MSM where if any link from our predefined list is authored on page, then that link has to skip adding the country-language code on all pages href. And if link is not available in predefined list and if its authored on page then that has to automatically add the country-language code. Requirement is fulfilled and issue resolution is working as expected only if we remove default roll out configuration i.e.: "Standard Rollout Configuration" from Blue print page properties. Is there any impact on MSM functionality if we are not using "Standard Rollout Configuration"?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically, you will not be able to achieve following when you don't have Standard rollout config during live copy creation itself https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/introduction/msm-sync.ht... 

but even-though if you remove standard rollout configure at blueprint level after the live copy creation the standard rollout features still work as expected as the properties at live copy level still exists based on my observation. 

Siva_Sogalapalli_0-1672748247420.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

I worked at an Organization that uses MSM, but does not use rollout configurations at all. They found it more beneficial to perform tasks themselves, rather than to automate the process.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Technically, you will not be able to achieve following when you don't have Standard rollout config during live copy creation itself https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/introduction/msm-sync.ht... 

but even-though if you remove standard rollout configure at blueprint level after the live copy creation the standard rollout features still work as expected as the properties at live copy level still exists based on my observation. 

Siva_Sogalapalli_0-1672748247420.png