Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Why MS IE do ignore AJAX request when loading

Former Community Member

Hi there,

When i use IE version 11.0.9600.17691is to open AEM,  but find it ignore page ajax request. please see following details:

1) Add a new featurn under :/libs/cq/core/content/welcome/features/myNewFeature

2)Set target value /content/globalsight/myTestPage for property sling:target

3)And in the app page myTestPage defines a ajax :

<script type="text/javascript"> $(document).ready(function() { var ipAddress; $.ajax({ type: 'GET', url:'/bin/connector', success: function(msg){ // var json = jQuery.parseJSON(msg); var json = msg; var hostName = json.HostName; var hostPort = json.HostPort; var username = json.UserName; var pwd = json.Password; var enableHttps = json.EnableHttps; var desc = json.Desc; ipAddress = json.ipAddress; $("#hostName").val(hostName); $("#hostPort").val(hostPort); $("#username").val(username); $("#password").val(pwd); $("#description").val(desc); var count = $("#enableHttps").get(0).options.length; for(var i=0;i<count;i++) { if($("#enableHttps").get(0).options[i].text == enableHttps) { $("#enableHttps").get(0).options[i].selected = true; break; } } } });

The problem is when i press the link at welcome page , the page myTestPage never run that ajax if use MS IE, but the other IE like firefox, chrome work it and run that ajax when load the page.

It make me confused. Anyone know how to resolve it?Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Usually IE caches this. So can you add

cache: false within $.ajax{ } and try

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 10

HI Brian,

Do you see any exception when you debug in IE browser ?

Employee

What do you mean by "never run that ajax". When you put break point in that line in developer console in IE, it doesnt break at that line? or it never makes a server call?

Former Community Member

Not find any exception, but this ajax request could work well if use firefox and chrome IE. So i suspect if the Microsoft IE latest version not support that well.

Former Community Member

Yes, never make a server call. but this ajax request could work well if use firefox and chrome IE. So i suspect if the Microsoft IE latest version not support that well.

Level 10

Hey Brian,

If you are using IE10, try adding this in your JSP where you are calling this ajax and try

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE9" >

Former Community Member

It seems not work. The IE version 11.0.9600.17691is.

Employee

Did you try in other lower versions of IE?

When you debug, till what point does it go? Does it go in to ajax functions and just hangs?

Former Community Member

Our QA team require test that in the latest version, so need to fix it.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Usually IE caches this. So can you add

cache: false within $.ajax{ } and try