Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Why does AEM 6.5 not redirect to original requested page after SAML Auth

Level 2

I am working with AEM 6.5 and have implemented SAML AuthN using Okta as my IdP.

I added the OSGi, configured Okta and extended the AuthenticationInfoPostProcessor, all appears to be working.

The auth process flow is as follows:

siteA.com/some/protected/page.html -> (redirect to) okta.com -> POST siteA.com/saml_login -> GET siteA.com/some/protected/page.html

All of that works great, now i add another site siteB and here is what happens with that one.

siteB.com (all pages are protected) -> (redirect to) okta.com -> POST siteA.com/saml_login -> GET siteA.com

Okta is intentionally configured to use an endpoint on siteA as that is my main site and okta for SAML login only supports a single redirect URL.

Is this some issue with cookies not being available for the postProcess?
Is there a way i can resolve this?

EDIT:
So, i think this is a cookie issue. Since my postProcess is on siteA any cookies set by siteB are not sent to siteA after Okta login (specifically the saml_request_path), given that my sites are at 2 different top-level domains, what options do i have?

Also, is there an interface that I can implement to run code BEFORE the okta redirect?
e.g. siteA.some/protected/page.html -> (run some server side code before redirect) -> Okta...

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you try to set saml_request_path cookie with the landing page when the login is clicked and see? 

Saravanan_Dharmaraj_0-1666119375913.png

Level 2

There is no login button or landing page, the entire site requires authentication.