Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why Do I Need Run and Operate When I Have AEM As A Cloud Service? | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Why Do I Need Run and Operate When I Have AEM As A Cloud Service? by Kimberly Melton

Abstract

For many businesses that are using AEM as a Cloud Service to host their website, investing in a Run and Operate agreement may seem unnecessary or redundant — after all, AEM as a Cloud Service is responsible for hosting the platform, so you shouldn’t need any support, right? This may seem like a reasonable position, however, there are other variables that you should consider before ruling out a Run and Operate contract entirely. For the sake of this article, we’ll be discussing Run and Operate in terms of what we provide at Hoodoo; however, there are other Run and Operate offerings in the market that may provide other services or support levels than what will be discussed here.

The first variable that you should consider for your system is that a Run and Operate service comes with 24–7 site monitoring. While AEM as a Cloud Service is responsible for the Cloud Service as a whole, they are not responsible for monitoring your site specifically. At Hoodoo, our Run and Operate team ensures that someone is always available to address and fix an outage on your site — even if the outage is not related to AEM. This means that if something goes wrong with your site, we will know immediately, and more importantly, we will accept responsibility for the outage until it’s resolved.

24–7 site monitoring and issue-remediation allows you to free up your team for other projects without taking on additional risk that an outage might impact your business. Which leads to the second variable you should consider; using a Run and Operate service is significantly more cost-effective than maintaining a team of professionals who are capable of handling the widely varied reasons why you might have a site outage.

Read Full Blog

Why Do I Need Run and Operate When I Have AEM As A Cloud Service?

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
0 Replies