Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why dialog properties are getting inheritance in touch ui whereas classic ui doesn't inherit dialog properties

Level 2

Hi All,

As I am migrating all the classic ui components into touch ui following the dialog conversion instruction, I see the dialog property tabs are automatically getting inherited in the component in touch ui mode. Whereas the classic ui doesnt inherit parent properties, is there any way to stop inheritance at dialog level. As the parents properties has nothing to do in the child page properties.

Please share if anyone has any information about this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Sandeep Rawat 

Just adding to what Scott already have mentioned to give you more clarity,

slingSuperResourcetype: It is used to inherit / extend components from foundation or other components. There is a good example to understand it completely. Consider components a , b, c, x, y with the below mentioned properties for each of them :

/

a

b

sling:resourceSuperType = a

c

sling:resourceSuperType = b

x

sling:resourceType = c

y

The type hierarchy of

/x is [ c, b, a, <default>] while for

/y the hierarchy is [ c, a, <default>]

because /y has the sling:resourceSuperType property whereas /x does not and therefore its supertype is taken from its resource type.

Iparsys : The inherited paragraph system is a paragraph system that also allows you to inherit the created paragraphs from the parent. You add paragraphs to iparsys at for example, /content/geometrixx/en/products and as result, all the subpages of products that also have iparsys with the same name inherit the created paragraphs from the parent. On each level, you can add more paragraphs, which are then inherited by the children pages. You can also cancel paragraph inheritance at a level at any time.

Simply, iparsys is a parsys that inherits it’s content from the ancestor pages.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

Hi Sandeep Rawat 

Just adding to what Scott already have mentioned to give you more clarity,

slingSuperResourcetype: It is used to inherit / extend components from foundation or other components. There is a good example to understand it completely. Consider components a , b, c, x, y with the below mentioned properties for each of them :

/

a

b

c

sling:resourceSuperType = b

x

y

The type hierarchy of

/x is [ c, b, a, <default>] while for

/y the hierarchy is [ c, a, <default>]

because /y has the sling:resourceSuperType property whereas /x does not and therefore its supertype is taken from its resource type.

Iparsys : The inherited paragraph system is a paragraph system that also allows you to inherit the created paragraphs from the parent. You add paragraphs to iparsys at for example, /content/geometrixx/en/products and as result, all the subpages of products that also have iparsys with the same name inherit the created paragraphs from the parent. On each level, you can add more paragraphs, which are then inherited by the children pages. You can also cancel paragraph inheritance at a level at any time.

Simply, iparsys is a parsys that inherits it’s content from the ancestor pages.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks and Regards

Kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni

Level 10

If you remove the resourceSuperType prop - it breaks inheritance.