Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Why a good business consultant can save you more money than a good AEM architect | AEM Community Blog Seeding

Administrator

BlogImage.jpg

Why a good business consultant can save you more money than a good AEM architect by Jörg Hoh

Abstract

In the years working in the consulting business for Adobe I joined many projects. Some only temporary to support on some special issues, others in a broader context; but always it was with a focus on the technology, on implementation, architecture and infrastructure. And with this background, I always tried to help my customers and projects and use the AEM (or CQ5) technology in the right way; to spend their money wisely and cost-effective.

But: according to my own standards I often failed to do so.

Not because I did not know the product. Not because the customer was not listening to me. And not because I was not able to give advice. But because I was not sitting at the right table when some important decisions were made. Because I was sitting with infrastructure teams to build a hardware sizing. I was working with customers architects to understand the constraints under which we have to design and operate AEM. But I did not have enough time to work with the business, understand their needs and the ways they thought AEM can help them. I was not there when they decided on content architecture, components and templates, business processes and how the editors should work. Because my focus is technology, so I talk with the technology people in the first place.

And why is that important for all of us? Because if you don’t know AEM and you don’t have any guidance what it can do and how the existing features can be used, it is very likely that you start building everything on your own. In that case you never use the advanced features of AEM, but you start based on that what you know or what was demo-ed to you by presales people. If you don’t have a person, a trusted advisor, someone knowing AEM very well (and also all the features added to it in the last years!), you start to invest a lot of money to build things which already exist. Too much money.

Read Full Blog

Why a good business consultant can save you more money than a good AEM architect

Q&A

Please use this thread to ask the related questions.

Kautuk Sahni
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies