Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Which component needs to be created if we want to add google maps in our page?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @baalaajira ,

I can share the way we built one of the Google maps components for a project. It is a custom component and it captures copy text information that needs to be displayed to the user.

To plot Google maps though, there were 2 dialog fields: X coordinates and Y coordinates that Content Managers will put in the dialog.

Using JavaScript on the page, these values are read and passed to the Google Map's "marker" function.

Hope that gives you an idea on implementation!

thanks,

• PreetpalSingh

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

There is no OOTB component that embeds google maps, you will have to create a new custom component and incorporate Google Maps there. 

Here you can find an example: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-google-maps-api-integr... 

Esteban Bustamante

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @baalaajira ,

I can share the way we built one of the Google maps components for a project. It is a custom component and it captures copy text information that needs to be displayed to the user.

To plot Google maps though, there were 2 dialog fields: X coordinates and Y coordinates that Content Managers will put in the dialog.

Using JavaScript on the page, these values are read and passed to the Google Map's "marker" function.

Hope that gives you an idea on implementation!

thanks,

• PreetpalSingh