Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Where are bundles stored in AEM 6.2?

Level 4

I have to support some legacy 6.2 systems. Yes I know we should be running the latest 6.5 version. We have a side project to do this but until we have those systems fully integrated to some systems, I still have to maintain the legacy 6.2 systems.

We had one instance get corrupted on us and rebuilt a fresh instance. The problem I'm having is that there are some third party bundles that are installed in some of the other systems that are not in this rebuilt system. Our code has dependencies on them. (org.jdom, freemarker, cl.captcha, and others).

My question is  where these bundles would be stored on a Linux based system and when our bundles are deployed where they would be stored? I am not seeing a similar structure as I'm used to seeing in 6.5 where you have crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix. Where should I be looking?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Here are the locations where bundles are stored in AEM 6.2:

1. Installed Bundles:

Primary Location: /crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle
Additional Location (OSGI Configuration): /system/console/configMgr

2. Deployed Bundles:

Packages: /crx-quickstart/install
Hotfix Folder: /crx-quickstart/hotfix

Steps for Reinstalling Third-Party Bundles:

1. Identify Bundles:
Check the "Running Bundles" list in the Web Console (/system/console/bundles). Look for "org.jdom", "freemarker", "cl.captcha", and any other required bundles. Note their bundle IDs and versions.

2. Obtain Bundle Files:
Locate the original bundle JAR files from the corrupt instance or download them from trusted sources.

3. Deploy Bundles:
       -- Using Package Manager:
Upload the JAR files to the "Packages" folder.
Access the Package Manager (/crx/packmgr/index.jsp) and install them.
       -- Using Hotfix Folder:
Place the JAR files in the "Hotfix" folder.
Restart AEM to automatically install them.

-- Verify Installation:
Check the "Running Bundles" list again to ensure they are active.

Note:
Ensure you install any required dependencies for the third-party bundles and verify that the bundle versions are compatible with AEM 6.2. Lookout for the conflicts with the existing bundles. Refer to your AEM documentation for version 6.2 or check the installation logs for information on deployed packages and their locations. If you have access to the AEM instance logs, they can provide information about bundle deployments and potential issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Here are the locations where bundles are stored in AEM 6.2:

1. Installed Bundles:

Primary Location: /crx-quickstart/launchpad/felix/bundle
Additional Location (OSGI Configuration): /system/console/configMgr

2. Deployed Bundles:

Packages: /crx-quickstart/install
Hotfix Folder: /crx-quickstart/hotfix

Steps for Reinstalling Third-Party Bundles:

1. Identify Bundles:
Check the "Running Bundles" list in the Web Console (/system/console/bundles). Look for "org.jdom", "freemarker", "cl.captcha", and any other required bundles. Note their bundle IDs and versions.

2. Obtain Bundle Files:
Locate the original bundle JAR files from the corrupt instance or download them from trusted sources.

3. Deploy Bundles:
       -- Using Package Manager:
Upload the JAR files to the "Packages" folder.
Access the Package Manager (/crx/packmgr/index.jsp) and install them.
       -- Using Hotfix Folder:
Place the JAR files in the "Hotfix" folder.
Restart AEM to automatically install them.

-- Verify Installation:
Check the "Running Bundles" list again to ensure they are active.

Note:
Ensure you install any required dependencies for the third-party bundles and verify that the bundle versions are compatible with AEM 6.2. Lookout for the conflicts with the existing bundles. Refer to your AEM documentation for version 6.2 or check the installation logs for information on deployed packages and their locations. If you have access to the AEM instance logs, they can provide information about bundle deployments and potential issues.

Level 4

Thank you for the reply. I really only needed to verify the location where the bundles are stored. It looks to be the same as the 6.5 version that I am very familiar with.