Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What should I do with my project's `.aio` file?

Level 2
Level 2

Hello, I'm new to AEM as a Cloud Service Rapid Development Environments (RDEs), though I have been able to complete Installing the RDE Command-Line Tools using node v18 LTS on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and deploy the WKND archetype project I created earlier.

Specifically I can now see I departed from the guide's recommended step 4, instead of:

aio config:set cloudmanager_orgid <MYORGID>

I actually used:

aio cloudmanager:org:select

The latter creates a .aio file.

I suppose I've answered the question I was about to ask - can I delete the .aio file?

It looks like yes, delete it (don't commit it like for example package-lock.json).

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PJS 

Yes, you are correct. The .aio file generated by the aio cloudmanager:org:select command is specific to your local development environment and contains information related to the selected organization in Adobe Cloud Manager.

It is not intended to be committed to version control systems (like Git), as it contains sensitive information related to your Adobe Cloud Manager configuration.

Feel free to delete the .aio file if you no longer need the stored organization information or if you want to start fresh. You can always run the aio cloudmanager:org:select command again to set up your organization configuration when needed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @PJS 

Yes, you are correct. The .aio file generated by the aio cloudmanager:org:select command is specific to your local development environment and contains information related to the selected organization in Adobe Cloud Manager.

It is not intended to be committed to version control systems (like Git), as it contains sensitive information related to your Adobe Cloud Manager configuration.

Feel free to delete the .aio file if you no longer need the stored organization information or if you want to start fresh. You can always run the aio cloudmanager:org:select command again to set up your organization configuration when needed.