Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What should be the preferred approach to redirect old website's url.

Level 2

Our current website is not on AEM. We are replacing the current website with AEM based website. We have created all new pages. We don't want to redirect old urls to error page. We wish to permanently redirect old urls to similar pages. We have around 100 such urls. I am thinking of writing permanent redirect rules on apache web server. But as per my current logic I will have to write 100 redirection rules.Is this a good solution and Is there any other more feasible approach for the above requirement?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, I would create this ruleset and deploy it on the webserver which also hosts the dispatcher module. You can either script the creation of this ruleset of do it manually (depending on the details of your old setup and your scripting abilities it might be easier to do, but also creating redirects for 100 URLs does not sound too complicated. It's tedious work, but should be doable within a day).

Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

I think in this case page redirect should be set on apache server. If you have consistent  directory architecture you can do with one or more redirect rule.

Please find below guide if help https://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/blog/search-engine-optimization/301-redirects/

Arun Patidar

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes, I would create this ruleset and deploy it on the webserver which also hosts the dispatcher module. You can either script the creation of this ruleset of do it manually (depending on the details of your old setup and your scripting abilities it might be easier to do, but also creating redirects for 100 URLs does not sound too complicated. It's tedious work, but should be doable within a day).

Jörg