Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

What should be the approach of implementing a Touch UI Dialog with a list of checkboxes, and the list comes from the server-side.

Level 4

Hello,

I need to implement a Touch UI dialog, so would like to know the best approach of implementing this dialog with a list of checkboxes, and this list comes from the server side.

Any suggestions ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Normally to build a Touch UI dialog - you need to build a JCR node structure using node with resource types such as: granite/ui/components/foundation/section.

See this article to learn how to build a Touch UI dialog using JCR nodes: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-component.html

Now - to dynamically build checkboxes in a Touch UI dialog - you need to write script that invokes a service operation that returns a list. Then read that list and code using Granite APIs

The only article that I know of that shows how to code with Granite APIs is the MultiTouch article

In this artilce - you can see a file named nested-multifield.js file that codes using Granite APIs. 

We will be putting more of these Granite API examples together. I am looking to see if I can find one that uses Checkboxes. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Normally to build a Touch UI dialog - you need to build a JCR node structure using node with resource types such as: granite/ui/components/foundation/section.

See this article to learn how to build a Touch UI dialog using JCR nodes: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-touchui-component.html

Now - to dynamically build checkboxes in a Touch UI dialog - you need to write script that invokes a service operation that returns a list. Then read that list and code using Granite APIs

The only article that I know of that shows how to code with Granite APIs is the MultiTouch article

In this artilce - you can see a file named nested-multifield.js file that codes using Granite APIs. 

We will be putting more of these Granite API examples together. I am looking to see if I can find one that uses Checkboxes.